The Brand Wellness Center - Enlightened Dentistry
|Posted on April 19, 2017 at 1:15 PM|
As a follow-up to our last post, there are some simple remedies to improve your adrenal health:
• Limit all caffeine (soda, coffee, tea, chocolate). Or just limit it to the early morning
• Limit all sugar foods or foods that quickly break down to sugar (most simple carbohydrates)
• Increase Vit C intake
• Increase mineral intake (grey Celtic salt is a good choice as it has 84 minerals)
• Increase magnesium intake- Epsom salt baths or magnesium oil
• Get off the computer/cell phone before 10 PM
• Do your best to get in bed by 10 PM. The circadian rhythm of the body allows for optimum physical healing between the hours of 10 PM and 2 AM
• Install the free f.lux software so that your computer/cell phone does not emit the blue light in the evening. (The blue light from these electronics stimulates brain activity and keeps you awake)
• Do not eat within 3 hours of bedtime
• Add healthy fats – Coconut oil, ghee, olives, organic olive oil, and clarified butter all greatly support adrenal health.
• Eliminate stress -try meditation, yoga, breathing techniques
• Eliminate toxic metals from your environment (cookware, dental fillings, water supply, etc.)
• Add adaptogenic herbs – Ashwagandha, panax ginseng, and astragalus are good choices
• Medicinal Mushrooms – These include Reishi, Chaga, Cordyceps, etc. They all have stress-relieving properties and boost overall levels of health. I use them as teas.
By integrating as many of these natural adrenal healing practices, you should start feeling more rested, healthy, and energetic over time. Adrenal fatigue can be healed; you just need to see what works best for you. Making better daily choices in foods and lifestyle is key.
As always, it is best to work with an adrenal educated health practitioner to get the best results.
If you like this post, you may also like: Adrenal Fatigue and Mercury Fillings